1. Amazon Kindle – for all the obvious reasons
2. LUSH solid shampoo & conditioner – no worries about liquids in my luggage & it works as well as any “real” shampoo
4. Sleep sack – because why wouldn’t you want to sleep in your own clean sheet while traveling?
5. Multi-country travel adaptor – I have yet to go anywhere where this isn’t compatible
6. Loksak bags – the very best for keeping all the gadgets dry
7. Ear plugs – for flights, hostile hostel neighbors, roosters…
8. Tiger balm – yes, some people use it for aches, but bites, etc; personally, I like to use it to mask the odor of odd smelling people, places, and things
9. Travel toilet paper & hand sanitizer – lifesavers!
10. Cutter Max 100% DEET bug spray – yeah, yeah, so DEET is controversial. Bug bites aren’t. I love this stuff